Pes Cavus and High Arched Foot
Shapecrunch provides Custom Orthotics and arch support sandals to reduce the pain in the sole
What is Supination ?
Supination or Under Pronation is just opposite to flat feet as it includes the rising of an arch more than normal which is also known as pes cavus. It is more painful than flat feet as more stress is placed on the metatarsal ( the section of the foot between the ankle and the toes). High arches are treated by providing proper arch support to the foot through customized insoles. Supination (High arch) is contrary to OverPronation as it is the outward roll of the foot while walking or normal movement. Mild supination may occur while running and due to distorted gait, the heel lifts off. Whereas, over-supination may occur due to excessive strain on the muscles and tendons that stabilize the ankle and as a result of which the ankle rolls outwards and leads to an ankle sprain or total ligament rupture.
1. The pain experienced by the patient while walking is the major symptom of the high arch.
2. Cavus foot will lead to discomfort while standing for a longer duration, around the ball, and heel of the foot.
3. The high arch leads to calluses near the ball, heel, toes, and deformity around the toes areas.
4. Pain in the knees, ankle, and ankle sprains may be experienced by patients due to the instability and imbalance caused as the foot tilts forwards.
5. Foot drops is another neurological symptom of a high arch. The pain is felt on the outer edge of the foot and the patient’s ankle would roll forward.
1. High arch or supination is caused due to neurological disorder or health conditions mainly, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, stroke, Charcot - Marie - tooth diseases, or spina bifida.
2. Pes Cavus is hereditary in approximately 3/4th of the cases and may not involve any other health conditions.
3. Excessive weight and pressure that is put on the ball and heels of the foot is another cause of high arch foot.
PES CAVUS TREATMENT
How Shapecrunch's Custom Insoles and Sandals provide the best Supination?
High arch correction or Supination can be treated and prevented with orthotic insoles that could provide proper arch support according to the foot problem and distribute the pressure evenly. Shapecrunch provides customized insoles that are created with 3D printing technology to eliminate the pain and to provide a better experience to the patients. Customized insoles are designed according to the patient’s biomechanics which provides relief from flat foot, ankle pain, knees, and pain in the arch of the foot. Heel cups provide proper support to the heel to create stability and help in proper functioning.
Modification for Foot Pain relief
Each insole is given accommodations to correct your foot deformity and improve your gait. Our each sandal has customised footbed with corrections.
For Flat Foot and Over Pronation, Plantar Fasciitis
Lateral Wedging for Supination
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Very good quality insole and very comfortable. I have high arch feet and the insoles helped me a lot with distributing the weight evenly on my feet. It also supported my knees and pelvis area by correcting my posture while walking and exercising. The people managing Shapecrunch are professional and caring, they made the process of ordering and shipping very easy and convenient. Highly recommended.
I have flat foot because of which there was pain in my heals , my doctor advised me for the foot insole by shade crunch .
And I'm using it from last 2 months ,it has helped me a lot in my condition , great quality n very useful product
Shape Crunch’ customize inner sole has been an absolute value for money, I can jog without hesitation and give me the accurate arch support so that my ankle don’t get hurt and it is a very effective product. The precision with which they have made is beyond expectations, I highly recommend shape curve for anybody who works out or anybody suffering from foot problems.
Exercises for HIGH ARCH
Along with the use of heel cups, five exercises would help to cure a high arch.
Bent knee wall stretch
Golf ball pick up
Maintaining a healthy weight would reduce the pressure on the inner side of the foot.
Choose supportive footwear (insoles) or customized footwear.
Stretch your arches and the arch of your foot.
Avoid strenuously exercising.
Replace the old sports shoes with custom orthotics or insoles for shoes before they stop supporting your feet and provide you better cushioning.
Stretching or either massaging the plantar fascia for 10 times before standing up is considered as an exercise to reduce heel pain.
Frequently asked questions